Skip to main content

Clean and Effective Beauty




Beautycounter

As I was looking at my ever increasing/growing beauty regime I was beginning to question what is all this "stuff" (aka ingredients) that I am rubbing all over my body. I am an esthetician and I'm always looking for effective products, but were they always safe for me? I have heard lots of whispers and rumors of "this and that" ingredient isn't safe....cancer causing, skin irritating, hormone disruptors etc etc.....but I wasn't sure I believed it UNTIL I had a couple weird skin issues that were unexplainable....and I've had a many friends experience weird stuff too. 

So I began my research for safe and effective skincare and makeup.....then promptly dropped it due to many distractions, until one day I saw a post on social media about a company called Beautycounter devoted to spreading the word that there are products that ARE effective and ARE safe.  But the story doesn't stop there....because again I was distracted and forgot all about it.  Then one day as I was at the doctor's office I ran into my long time professional makeup artist friend and she was being seen for mysterious ailments.    Come to find out that she was/is allergic to her job.  By spreading chemicals and questionable products onto her skin on a daily basis her body is now unable to filter out that bad stuff.
My brain immediately recalled the social media posts from earlier in the year about a safer beauty product line.  I'm like YES this is what I need!  Safe products that I can use for me and my family and not worry about our bodies absorbing all the bad stuff. 
And this opened my eyes up to not just skin care, body care, makeup, and hair care...this also includes everything else that we use on a daily basis.  There are two apps that I use to scan cleaning products & food to be sure they are safe.  The Healthy Living (EWG) app, and Think Dirty app.  
We try to eat well and exercise, but we forget that our largest organ is our skin and we seem to abuse that the most.  So, I challenge you to dip a little deeper into your skin care regime and search for clean beauty.  Beautycounter is tops for me.  
Shop cleanly at:  www.beautycounter.com/karolschrepferman
#cleanbeauty
#thistimeitspersonal
#beautycounter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe and Effective Beauty | Beautycounter